Monday, September 28, 2026

HYPE

 HYPE- Hype means promotional publicity of an extravagant or contrived kind, or deception/put-on in some uses. It also commonly refers to repeated advertising and discussion that makes something seem very important or exciting. (Merriam-Webster).

Like Charlie Brown and Lucy, as Lucy, in a sinister pose, holds the football, convincing Charlie Brown to just give it one more kick…to trust her once again, only to pull the football away and find Charlie Brown face first on the ground, the Media, the PR, the hype of the political world seem to convince the public that certain outcomes are a sure thing; only to discover that reality is not truly based on fiction.

We are told that most likely, almost certainly, a BLUE TSUNAMI is approaching us for the upcoming Midterms. Watch out, Republicans; be afraid, Republicans; your time for doom and gloom is right beyond the next corner. And hadn’t we heard that before, to be exact, during the final weeks of the 2016 Presidential campaign! You know, as in Hillary was wayyyyy ahead of Trump, it was gonna be a clear victory for the Dems. But then it wasn’t.

I worry a whole lot about the future of our democracy, and as deeply as I worry about that, I worry just as much about the HYPE around how huge the Blue Wave is growing for the Midterms of 2026. For me, HYPE is a man-made product producing only Bull Shit.

Then I read articles like these: Why Susan Collins is hanging on so tightly in Maine. A new poll provided a reality check to Democrats’ hopes that Troy Jackson would unseat the Republican incumbent… Dispelling the myth that Republicans are defecting from Trump. The actual explanation is far less sensational than many headlines would have us believe. (MS NOW)… AND I understand that one of the real enemies of the people is just how easily we are lulled into complacency by HYPE!