Saturday, April 26, 2014

you made me do it

You made me love you
I didn't want to do it, I didn't want to do it
You made me love you
And all the time you knew it I guess you always knew it.
You made me happy sometimes, you made me glad
But there were times, Dear, you made me feel so bad(You made me love You, Lyricist, Joseph McCarthy/James Monaco) ‘You Made Me Love You’ first published in 1913 a song written about unrequited love sung by Al Jolson and then in 1973 Judy Garland. The lyrics of the song telling the listener that the charms, the beauty, the essence of another are so strong as to create a sense of longing, like-ability and of course love. 

In 2014, the lyrics of this song were revived once again by the right wing militia of pundents and politicians as they harmonized the lyrics toward such idols as The Duck Dynasty Grandpa bible thumping Phil Robertson, musician and draft dodger Ted Nugent and currently millionaire freeloader Cliven Bundy. However as the lyrics to “You Made Me Love You’ were sung in the 2014’s they are not words expressing unrequited love rather more of a duet with both the receiver and the crooner sharing their affections. They were a sung as a ballad of affection, affinity and affirmation that if you are a racist, a homophobe, a fascist, you deserve all the love and warm fuzzes a true blooded T-Publican can muster up in their theocratic/misogynist/hateful heart.

FOX News and conservative talk radio puppets, all kind of right leaning politicians anticipating a run for the White House, good ole boys hoping to become Confederate state governors or senators harmonized gleefully the virtues of men who believe this IS a Christian nation, Gays and Women are second class citizens and the Negro would be much happier a slave. All of the Grand Wizards of the T-Publican party embraced this trio of anti government anti freedom from religion anti democracy classless clowns proudly and pretty darn regularly UNTIL… people with a true definition of democracy morals and values took notice. It was the Amerikan way for the right wing T-Publicans to bestow their blessings on bigots until true Americans said differently. 

You made me love you and I DID want to do it said Sean Hannity, Rand Paul, Rick Perry until smarter people reminded these fools just how much the men they loved to love were found to be nothing more then frauds and freaks. Now, like the cowards they are, the patronizing self serving bastards they have grown to be (Hannity, Paul, Perry) and the ilk of democracy/freedom/justice hating right wing terrorists and jihadists are singing a different tune. Suddenly it goes like the original lyrics of ‘…I didn’t want to do it, I didn’t want to do it. Simply said Bull Shit!



No comments :