Sunday, April 24, 2011

spring break

I had taken a few days off, trying to get some better footing on a ground which felt so shaky as it relates to my perception of America 2011. I stopped watching my three hour dose of MSNBC, tried to only watch the weather report on local TV and forced myself to not read the Nation, Daily Kos, or Slate on-line. I thought if I ignored the news of the nation or the world, then any news I wanted to receive would be good or better.

I thought perhaps that I was taking things too seriously, and perhaps as much as I wanted to try and change the world, the world really was a better place then I proposed and it did not require change since MAYBE it was not so bad after all. How could I really make a difference when the difference I wanted to make seemed so BIG.

I found in my journey away from the madness of current events how much love my partner Joe has for me, how talented and carrying my kids are, how best friends are near no matter the distance in miles and how sometimes the smallest of motions have the power of a hurricane.

It was a bit refreshing to not worry about the minorities, or wonder what happened to freedoms, or angst over equality for all or let the hypocrites just hover in the world of double standards. I could work out, write, or hike the streets of LA and not consider the repercussions of Republicans gone wild.

Co-incidentally while I was taking a break from the wrought and worry, I realized that Spring Break was taking place in LA. It was Spring, a time for renewal of the Earth, Passover a time for Jews to consider the power of freedom and independence and Good Friday/ Easter a time to believe in the power of miracles and love. It was a time that many stopped their usual routines and found themselves thinking, trying, attempting new things and new ideas.

Monday is coming and the break time and the holidays are finished. Monday will bring memories of the past few weeks and all the joys and jubilee experienced and enjoyed. It provided many and most with time to think and re-think, both of which I did and have.

Even as my break is over and in the thinking in which I indulged, I have found new resolve and resolution to find the resolution in all I think is unfair, unfounded and fraudulent.

My blog, for me, is an outlet that permits me to fight battles I believe need fought and to defend ideas and ideals ignored by selfish, greedy, gluttonous goons who get good and bad confused.

It is good to be back. I am ready to try my best at looking at this world and trying to figure out how to find the good for all and identify those whose bias and bigotry just make things worse.



No comments :