Tuesday, February 4, 2014

not an eating disorder or such

"Your body is made to eat, otherwise you will starve; with homosexuals, your body is not made for the kind of relations they have, it’s made for heterosexuality,” Harvey said, before adding, “We’re basically all heterosexuals.” She then suggested that LGBT people, like those with eating disorders, are “deluded.” (Linda Harvey, Mission America Founder, Compares Homosexuality To Being Anorexic). A 5 second portion of and ad for Coca Cola featuring two Gay dads and their daughter and the Conservative media finds reason the downfall of democracy and the death of Christianity. (Breibart media unleashes the crusaders). The Disney Channel broke new ground last week when writers for the popular family sitcom "Good Luck Charlie" made the decision to feature a lesbian couple on the program. One Million Moms had a hissy fit saying “… conservative families need to urge Disney to avoid controversial topics that children are far too young to comprehend.” 
I am a Gay man, and have struggled throughout my life to come to terms defining my identity as such. I have been hidden for convenience, I have been silent for survival, I have ignored my urges for fear of retribution and I have played the game of conformity because it seemed easier. Not any more! I am a Gay man not out of choice but out of chance. I discovered a pride in many of my attributes, quirks, character and will NEVER EVER be denied the freedom of being me. I am not an eating disorder, the anti-christ, a topic too difficult to share with your children. I am not greater then God nor pretend to be not even when the religious fanatics try to make me so. I did not cause the greedy bankers to screw America, the 1% to stop paying their fair share of taxes, George Bush to declare war in Iraq, nor the NSA to spy on the world. I did not cause heterosexuals to cheat on their spouses, beat their spouses, or divorce their spouses. I am a man, a father, a husband, a professional, an American not more then you but NOT AT ALL LESS.

I am tired of those with low esteem and self loathing to blame me for the fact that they hate themselves. I am tired of being the scapegoat for insecure infidels who use God as a scapegoat for bias and bigotry, all man made creations. It is no longer humorous to hear morons blame me for everything from tornadoes, drought to the decline of the institute of marriage. I can no longer laugh when I hear religious heretics point to me for the decline of their twisted form of religion. I am tired of a few angry champions of nothing but hate and fear pretending that what they say is anything but contempt for human life. “Once you stop others from defining you and you are able to take paper to pen and write your own introduction is the time you are free.” Look deeply not at the mirror others place in front of you but rather the one you have held in your own hand since you were born.” (Howard Buncher, my Dad). 

No comments :