Thursday, October 2, 2014

Twilight zonish

If you take two people and ask them to describe their favorite episode of the Twilight Zone, most likely you will get at least four answers. It was an amazing show and the variety of macabre, bizarre, twisted endings and unseen plot lines enticed the imaginations of most. Just take the time and recall how scared, how horrified, how fooled you were when thinking about your favorite Twilight Zone episode!

I have been thinking about the Twilight Zone and after much consternation, and consideration do have a very favorite episode that not only mystifies me with its lack of reasoning, its most inhuman treatment of its characters, and its portrayal of monsters often times to hideous and heinous to even contemplate. It is the episode where there are a group of people who believe that their words and deeds and actions even when recorded on audio or video, accounted for in print NEVER, EVER occurred. Just writing about it sends shivers up my spine, how insidious the main characters in demanding they never said that women are chattel, Muslims infidels, homosexuals the curse of the devil and poor people lazy and drug users. I shudder at how blatantly bold these monsters are as I listen to their voices chanting mantras of hate, racism misogyny, and when confronted look people in the eye and insist they have been taken out of context. I scream in terror as slurs about anyone who is not them are bandied about. How flippant they get interjecting innuendo regarding THOSE of a different religion, color or gender. I shiver with fear as accusations based on pure fiction and fable are discussed as if it was written by the hand of God himself! Pure Rod Serling I say to hear your own voice and see your own image rant and rave, hate and divide, cast assertions  while INSISTING that it wasn’t ME who said or did that. Bravo, I shout, Bravo, now that is the scariest Twilight Zone I have ever seen.


Oh, oops, wait, I am sorry I got carried away as none of that happened on a Twilight Zone episode. How silly of me, Rod Serling or for that matterStephen King could never have conjured up a creation that EVIL. Damn, I was just watching FOX News.I was watching as multitudes of T-Publicans were being interviewed as they run for office, running away from their derogatory comments said about Gays, Blacks, Women, Immigrants, Poor, Elderly and Unemployed people. I was watching as these lying liars said they  said it wasn’t ME on that tape or that audio.I confused the T-Publican cowards who love to speak to closed minded bigots expressing all kinds of venom and vile then deny it all after being found out as fools. All this time I thought I was watching the Twilight Zone, damn!

No comments :