Wednesday, October 1, 2014

sudafed up



A few months ago I went to my neighborhood CVS Pharmacy walked over to the allergy/headache aisle to purchase some Sudafed. Alas alack there was an empty shelf with a sign apologizing for its absence, insisting however if I did want to purchase it I would have to visit the Pharmacist in person. Okay, it is just Sudafed why the hassle, but following the directions I marched my congested and sinus headachy self to the at least 6 people in front of me on line. Really! About 12 prescription laters, the smiley Pharmacist was about to ask me what I needed. I was a little self absorbed with pain, pissy and aggravated so my first question was why do I have to see you to buy and over the counter drug. SUDAFED, the now annoyed and unsmiling Pharmacist explained with no animation in her voice can be used for creating Meth products! So it is now a controlled substance. Attitude, okay Pharmacist, let me show you ATTITUDE. Why would I want to create Meth products, when I all want is to eliminate my sinus headache and allergies. Sir it is the CDC law I am not accusing you, do you want it or not? I was going to spite myself by saying no, but I thought i needed it to at least diminish  the congestion and pain. To PURCHASE the damn SUDAFED, I had to show my drivers license, swear in writing on a long form that I have never purchased Sudafed in past 6 months, and sign a triple form declaring that I could go to jail if any of my information was incorrect or inaccurate. And I smiled for the security camera above the head of the very sour looking Pharmacist.
BUT…….

If I have three convictions, carry a gun, and am not a member of the Secret Service I can ride an elevator with the President. If I want to jump a fence run across the front yard of the White House enter the building and almost run up the stairs to the First Family’s residence, no problem. If I sit in my car on Constitution Ave and fire 7 rounds into the White House no one will notice for a few months. Makes you wonder, don’t it!

No comments :