Thursday, October 20, 2011

raising cain

Herman Cain respects my right as a Gay man to make my choice to be Gay. He told Piers Morgan on his talk show on CNN. According to Mr. Cain Gay people choose being Gay. Now he has no problem with people choosing being Gay so he is not a homophobic, a bigot or a fool, he says, nope he has no problem if you want to choose the Gay thing, but don't expect him to accept the gay thing because after all he is a Christian and everyone like him who believe in the God he believes in don't accept the gay thing anyway. What would Jesus do?

If Mr. Cain were just some dumb man hidden in his CEO office, or some man from a minority who needs someone to be a rung lower in the whole status of society, if he was just one more heterosexual male so insecure in his own maleness that he needs a scapegoat to make him feel more masculine, I might scoff and then move on. But Herman Cain is running for the office of President of the United States and I cannot and will not over look this man's ignorance, homophobia and indefensible use of religion to make hate okay.

I am angry with statements about me about me being a Gay man, about me being considered something less. I am angry because I am proud of all the pieces of me that make me unique among them being Gay. This has to end. And for anyone in the public who is still supporting this homophobic bigot I am angry with you.

I am tired of being the cause of the downfall of morals, the imploding of values, the motivation for anything from financial ruin to the coming of the devil because among many thing in my life I happen to be Gay.

I am tired of the homophobes who still support this man and remain silent as he spews hate, fear and fabrication. I am tired of the news media who accepts his bigotry and not challenge him for being a homophobe. I am tired of someone as ignorant, as insincere, as intolerant running for the office of President in my country where like it or not I demand equal, not separate but equal.

If Mr. Cain was running a Board meeting with his pizza company, if he was sharing fabrications with his co-Christians in a church preaching lies and fable, if he was marching with Fred Phelps the self ordained minister who protests soldiers funerals saying God hates fags, I would cringe, but know this is America and we all have free speech. But this man is running for the highest office in this nation, if elected, has to represent all Americans and this man says I choose to be Gay and he doesn't have to accept that.

Nope, no more. We talk about It Getting Better, No Bullying. Well this man is a bully speaking from a bully pulpit, and it cannot get better if someone like this continues to spread lies, hate and bigotry.

I am equal, not separate but equal and you Mr. Cain deserve to rot in a hell where people like you wallow in your own insecurities and inadequate ruminations based on some hocus pocus religion taught to you by people who are further away from God than anyone else. And for all of the people in this nation who applaud this man may you also rot in your own misery and misdeeds.

This Bull Shit can only survive and thrive as long as the lame, the lemming the loser let it happen. I no longer have room for this and I no longer will tolerate anyone who embraces this archaic and unproven bigotry.



No comments :