Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Dear Katie!

 Dear Katie, 

You seemed so good ole’ boy, oops I mean good ole’ girl  ( I am not hinting you are transgendered), while performing on TV, I imagine there is no need for formality, so Katie it will be for me. 

 

I could tell by the gold cross around your neck, that you practice a form of Christianity, good for you. If people believe in religion to keep their lives on an even keel, I applaud that. But Katie I am curious as to what lessons you have learned from practicing your religion. Do your practices permit you to lie; lying as in retelling a story about a rapist who had been an immigrant, whose heinous actions took place, you blatantly claimed, (as you looked directly into the camera using your “oh my God,” voice) CLAIMED without missing a beat, that it took place, during President Joe Biden’s administration. Maybe your Republican Talking Heads script writers, lied to you regarding all of the facts, because maybe they are not true Christians or thought of you as a useful tool, so I will overlook that error. (Ain’t it nice Katie to be an important person, and so able to blame omissions of truth on those unprofessional staff!)

 

Because you are a Mom, sitting in the kitchen, a place where Mom’s seem to belong, according to the Republican Party, and I must guess had so many words of anger, fear, and distress to recite, you may have just been too overwrought to check any or all facts. But Katie, since the time you oh so proudly looked into the camera and lied to America, the truth, as in the FACTS, as in HOW IT HAPPENED, has been discovered, and Katie, (as I write this I am trying to emulate your “shock and awe,” expression), you like the millions of other Americans have found out that you LIED.

 

Once again, Katie, I am proud that you are proud to be a Mom, and on top of that a Christian who is a Mom, but I must beg my original question, of “Katie, Do your practices permit you to lie, and when your lie is found out to be A LIE, do your religious beliefs NOT permit you to apologize for LYING? 

 

Katie, you were bold, so self-righteous, so, loud, so cunning when you lied, do you think you can muster up the same courage and admit to America that you were wrong?

 

Sincerely

 

Gerry