Thursday, November 28, 2019

giving of thanks

Of course, and without much ado, I wish a day of Thanks for my family and friends. In our own specific way, we all have Given. There IS, of course, no direction attached to Giving Thanks, or Thanks for Giving. But for the billions of human beings, acts of kindness, acts of conscience, acts of altruism, and the ability of empathy are in the DNA from which we approach our first breath on Earth. To love is not a skill we must rehearse and rehearse, it should be as normal as inhaling and exhaling. To be loved, now that is a sly fox, we imagine is a natural part of life, but oftentimes we pretend, close our eyes and as we might blow out the last candle on our birthday cake, make that a wish, wish it so. 

In this world we find ourselves, some thriving, some just surviving, some carefree, some careless, some with unconditional fortitude, some with conditions like fortresses, some with a resolute so absolute, and sadly some with absolutely to resolve, just resistance. How much is too much, and what is it to behold nothing? 

I wish I could wish away the woes and worries of a world seemingly gone mad, I can’t. I wish I could collect the kindness splattered within the winds of change and change it all so each and every one of us knows, how to share and how to care, how to be cared for and how to include, the most magnificent among us to the mere stranger who likes us is a mortal, but worthy of our hearts and souls.

I am sad for the caged child, to the orphaned children, to the families living below a poverty level already too far below the ground. I am sad for those who want their freedom of their own bodies, the freedom of their gender priorities, the freedom to ignore the color of the pigmentation of their flesh, and to those who want the freedom to just be equal. 

I Give Thanks, for my voice, and with the silent become vocal. It is November 28, 2019, in America, we celebrate a holiday whose own origins were of misguided intentions, we have hopefully re-read history, but I want to Give Thanks that our current history of bigotry, lying, cover-up, crime, FEAR, and racism, dies a quick death. I want to celebrate Thanksgiving in the year 2020, with a clear vision, and promise for ALL of us on Earth!