Saturday, January 1, 2022

beginnings to ends to begin

 “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”-Edward Everett Hale… “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.”- Seneca… “What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.”- T. S. Eliot

 

Be it January 1, for Western Cultures…June 24, for Polynesian and New Zealand Cultures…September 11, for Copts and Ethiopian Cultures…September 26, for Judaism…February 1 for the Chinese… and a myriad of other dates, for cultures and religions around this world, somewhere sometime, someplace, a calendar will become a precise pinpoint of ending things, then starting things, and on and on and on… For most, the event of a NEW YEAR, will, among the many emotions sprung, remind us, that time trudges on, and as it continues, if we INDEED, look back, we will say “HUH, HOW’D I GET HERE, WASN’T IT JUST YESTERDAY, yesterday?”

 

I make no new year resolutions, because for me, any promises I propose, I DO INTEND TO KEEP, thus any resolution I might consider, even in the privacy of my own pre-occupied head, would seem like a challenge! Challenges are cool at least for that moment, and often thought to be a worthwhile effort; but in the future, BOTH close and further away, those PROMISES, sort of nag at me, call me out, and or fluff up with frustrations.  I yearn for more, most, many, better, best, and strive to make the difference…BUT to make a difference, I have discovered each and every time takes a lot more than me to ACCOMPLISH. 

 

“So, today, is not the same as once upon, or what will be will be,” said my Mother. It IS, instead, all of what your life has amounted to for the moment.” “When today, falls on a new year, what happens is that for 24 hours, minus the time you sleep, nod off, or daydream, you get the chance to say if change is necessary, I will try if change should be taken, and if CIRCUMSTANCE, is about to arrive, I will welcome it.”-Rena Buncher! Happy New year, to all…BEGINNINGS TO ENDS TO BEGINNINGS!