Monday, January 17, 2022

EXCEPT,

 “A winter's day, In a deep and dark December…” *

EXCEPT, it is January, and the gloom and grey haunt the horizons with whispers of Anarchy, Chaos, and the Demise of Democracy.

 

“I've built walls, A fortress deep and mighty. That none may penetrate…” *

EXCEPT, there are Divides, enriched by Hate for the Other, enhanced by Racist Obscenities, encouraged by Repulsive Republicans, relying on the Fiction that thrives with Arrogance, survives on generations of Ignorance handed down as if it was a recipe, a poisonous, gluttonous, gelatin of Lies and Deceit.

 

“Don't talk of love Well I've heard the word before; It's sleeping in my memory I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died…” *

EXCEPT, Love for the way too many Trump Seditionists, the QAnon, Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, the Snake oil Sales Folk of FOX demands that one alienate from society, creating a smokescreen to filter out facts, science, and medicine. That Love can only loom in a Cult-Like environment, where drinking the sacrament of burning books, denying the vaccines, insisting that the only freedom is YOUR ability to place your needs before the welfare of others.

 

“I am alone…I am a rock I am an island…” *

EXCEPT, I want to Protest, Fight Back, Act Up, Speak Out, Be Louder than the bully, the traitor, the treasonists…But I worry the time for TRUTH is running out of time!

 

*Lyrics/ I Am A Rock/Paul Simon