Monday, February 20, 2023

One year later

 February 20, 2022, the Russians under the authority of Trump’s best friend, and maybe Trump’s Puppet Master, Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine. One year later, albeit Trump is still a Domestic terrorist, his boss, Vladimir Putin remains an International Terrorist, approving and igniting Crimes Against Humanity.

 

Thank goodness, I have never lived in a war zone, I know nothing about trying to find refuge in a bomb shelter, and I have never had to wonder if anyone in my family might be in a place where bombs were targeted to destroy their apartment, home, school, hospital, their existence. I know nothing of real terror, as the screeching sound of bombs falls to Earth, the roar of jet fighters either attacking me or defending me. I know nothing of having my children kidnapped, the women in my life raped, and my sons dragged away. But I have known about all of these atrocities, from having met survivors of WW2, the Holocaust, Troops who fought in Viet Nam, and the men and women who have returned from Iraq and Afghanistan. 

 

How in the world, can the world, those who pretend that DEMOCRACY translates into Freedom/Liberty/Equality/Humanism/Fairness, continue to pretend, that ignoring the willful and menacing ways of people like Putin and his cadre of the Russian Elite, remain aloof, as if just talking about this INVASION will soon have it end.

 

Ukrainian Children have been taken to Disinformation Camps, (you know, like the German Concentration Camps), Ukrainian civilians have been slaughtered and Ukrainian women raped. Ukrainian Food, Energy, Water, and Medical Resources have been targeted. Trump’s BFF and perhaps Puppet Master, has acted in the most INSIDIOUS MANNER. For the American Republican Politicians and their Propagandist Purveyors of Hate at FOX, we are told that the Ukrainians asked for this kind of torture and murder. One year later and we are still deciding what to do!