Wednesday, August 30, 2023

ACTUALLY, who IS the enemy

DeSantis’s Campaign Slogan Amounts to ‘LGBTQ+ People’, ARE THE ENEMY (Advocate)

Along with being right-handed, (but actually only able to cut with scissors using my left hand), having brown eyes, and once a headful of brown hair, I also was born a HOMOSEXUAL! Now, I might be able to purchase a pair of blue-tinted contact lenses, dye my hair blond, and for a while change my appearance, but in the end, my hair is still brown as are my eyes.

 

I recall, way back in the 50s, while in elementary school, how often during our Writing Class, how the teachers would not only urge left-handed kids to use their right hands to learn cursive, insisting that using your right hand was truly the only way a young child would ever make it to be a successful adult. I also remember how often my left-handed classmates would cry trying their hardest to use their right hand, when in fact they were born left-handed. It seemed that the teachers way back then associated LEFT-HANDEDNESS as being some kind of enemy, some kind of enemy against the very black-and-white decade of the American 50s. They might be enemies of some preconceived self-created NORM.

 

A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions. (Google). It seems that Ron DeSantis has no patience, for opposing opinions. It seems Ron DeSantis as Governor of Florida has established authoritarian views and a strong central government. Who actually IS THE ENEMY?

 

Before I was brave enough to finally say I am a HOMOSEXUAL, and embrace one aspect of my true identity, I did consider myself as an enemy to my family, my friends my community, and worst of all to my own well-being. Like the left-handed students in elementary school, I thought I could change something, as fundamental as my sexual identity…I COULD NOT. So I ask and beg the question, who IS THE REAL ENEMY, the humans who want to be themselves, as they were born, or those who need to create an ENEMY for their own insecure survival?