Sunday, August 20, 2023

The Human Centipede

The Human Centipede (First Sequence) is a 2009 Dutch independent body horror film written, directed and co-produced by Tom Six. The film concerns a deranged German surgeon who kidnaps three tourists and conjoins them surgically, mouth to anus, forming the eponymous "human centipede." 

This, for me, was one of those “gag reflex” movies in which at my viewing I actually had to turn off the TV. But then I actually had to wonder, how the hell and the hell was going to actually happen to these people. This was and is for me a GROSS movie, but I did manage to watch it in its entirety, regretting the lost hour and a half I spent choking as I watched it. I also wondered how exactly any actor in his or her right mind could play their part without becoming physically ill.

 

BUT, lo and behold, in real life, I seem to be witnessing a remake of The Human Centipede, in the form of the majority of candidates running for the office of President within the Republican Party. With the exception so far of Chris (I will remain a self-centered jerk and hypocrite) Christie, and Asa (my record as Arkansas Governor leaves much to be desired) Hutchinson the rest of the Lonny bin lineup of GOP wannabes seem to want to have themselves conjoined to Trump's anus, as were the characters in The Human Centipede, (albeit at least the characters in the movie were victims, while these GOP morons volunteer gladly)

 

Pardon Trump, make excuses for Trump, ignore Democracy, ignore the Constitution, ignore the law, permit a criminal to remain free from a Jury system, all of these actions by most of the GOP wanna be Presidential nominees, reminds me of nothing more than the GROSSNESS OF BEING A HUMAN CENTIPEDE!