Tuesday, July 10, 2012

hey mitt


Dear Mitt,
You decided to run for the office of president of the United States. You decided that even though you are not a politician, nor really, really ever really, really wanted a career in politics that being president was indeed the next step for the newest chapter of your life. You have made it clear that becoming the president is really like providing a favor for this nation due to your acumen in firing people, closing businesses, and making the bottom line black for the investor a prime operative. You know how to make money and what this nation needs is more money for less people, and less people with access to that money. You have said that not all people need a higher education, never enough wait staff I suppose.
In an interview with your wife Ann, Ann also suggested that “it was our turn” to be president. When I heard her say that I was confused as to when we all were given the note for our turn to be president. Ann never stated why it was “our” turn but was insistent that it had better turn out that way. Perhaps that is the tone Ann takes with her staff handling her child rearing responsibilities, her three homes, and her Olympic racing horse. 
Now, I know Mitt that in life we can change our tune as often as we wish. It is the American way to do so. Usually when we change our mind, we first admit to the fact that we once said one thing and now feel a completely different way. It is an honest approach to stating that new ideas, new reasons have come our way, thus a different view. But Mitt, you don’t do that, nope you insist that any old idea has been misconstrued, misunderstand taken completely out of context. You even argue that archived video or news articles stating your prior opinion is not the truth just some propaganda used to insult you. Mitt, you love to decimate your opponents and love to walk away from the insults never owning the responsibility for the attack. But when any questions are raised about your philosophy or history you wah-wah and act as if none of the facts were, well, facts.
Now, I know you are wealthy and proud of it. Mazol Tov on your accumulation of riches, it is the American dream to own as much of America as a person possibly can. You state that any one who argues about your wealth is jealous, you refer to it as envy. Kind of like penis envy?  I am just curious, Mitt, if you are so proud of your wealth and how truly Capitalistic it is why did you have to go and hide that income in places like the Cayman Islands, the Bahamas, and Swiss Bank Accounts? And if you are so apple pie cocky about your financial successes why did you have to place some that money in the Bahamas under your wife’s name? If it is your money, and it is money made from good old fashioned American ingenuity, how come good old American banks are not good enough to hold your millions? 
Mitt, you have taken on one of those cute and fuzzy Sarah Palin traits of never talking to the ‘lame street’ press but instead hiding in the shadows of FOX Noise. Now,I know that Sarah was just too stupid and inept to answer basic questions about America because, well to be blunt she was not like most of those Americans who cared about truth and honor. Sarah also had a whole lot to hide. So, why is it Mitt you can’t ‘Face the Nation’, talk to Katie, interview with Rachel Maddow or even take questions from anyone not wearing a T-shirt saying I love Rush!
Mitt, who are you? You want to be president of a country I call home, yet you want to share little and when asked for more scream character assassination. I want to know why Romney-Care is different than Obama-Care. I want to know why when running against Ted Kennedy you embraced Gays and now want an amendment banning same sex marriage. I want to know why while working for Bain Capital you felt that closing businesses, firing employees, out sourcing jobs was the American way while telling us now how you know how to create jobs. I want to know why you decided that the Church of Latter Day Saints need for you to proselytize in France was a priority while still avoiding the draft  during the Viet Nam War, and why you were such a hawk but never intended to serve in the military?
I don’t want to hear from your surrogates that things will change once you are elected, because to be honest, Mitt I have no idea what you will change to because I don’t know who you are now. And Mitt I know I am sick and tired of hearing that people are not voting for you, but against President Obama.
Mitt, you scare me because most of what I can glean that you stand for has nothing to do with the morals, ethics, and values of my life. What scares me more Mitt are the millions of people who do share your selfish self serving life style and will vote for you. If I am incorrect in my judgement or evaluation then take the time Mitt and talk to me to us. You swear you are one of us!

No comments :