Wednesday, April 24, 2019

My Me Too, and Never Again

The Supreme Court is taking on a major test of LGBT rights in cases that look at whether federal civil rights law bans job discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
The justices said Monday they will hear cases involving people who claim they were fired because of their sexual orientation and another that involves a funeral home employee who was fired after disclosing that she was transitioning from male to female and dressed as a woman.
The cases will be argued in the fall, with decisions likely by June 2020 in the middle of the presidential election campaign.
The issue is whether Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits sex discrimination, protects LGBT people from job discrimination. Title VII does not specifically mention sexual orientation or transgender status, but federal appeals courts in Chicago and New York have ruled recently that gay and lesbian employees are entitled to protection from discrimination. The federal appeals court in Cincinnati has extended similar protections for transgender people. (Time).

So my sexual identity or gender identity is now up for discussion as to whether or not, I am an equal to the heterosexual male or female, who may be the lowest of living creatures, the slimmest slugs crawling on Earth, because for some weird reason, the Justices of the Supreme Court have decided that their Christian Bible, filled with voodoo, and tall tales, has dominance over a Constitution which declared a separation between Church and State. I personally understand the homophobia that flows through the veins of insecure heterosexuals, because a long time ago, in what I now consider a galaxy far away, some person wielding great power and prestige over me, decided that he knew that Gay men could not really, really, really be responsible role models, and even though I had received wonderful, overwhelming reviews, I had my contract revoked. It was back in the days when I was still too insecure in my own body to fight back. I still suffered from Shame Syndrome. It was never mentioned to me directly, by word, HOMOSEXUAL, but every indication of comfortability, regarding my lifestyle was there. You got to give them credit, how it was handled: even the fact that I was paid in full for the next year of my contract and promised that ANYONE I sought references from would gladly write one for me. I moved on but the cut was deep, and I guess I still carry a scar. 

So, here is the deal for me now, many, many, many years later…I will FIGHT as hard as I have to, against the efforts of the COWARDS, the INSECURE, the HYPOCRITES, the RELIGIOUS SNAKE OIL SALESMEN, and anyone else who dares try and consider my rights less than theirs and my take away equality from me. This is my Me-Too Moment. 

No one should ride in the back of the bus, drink from special sinks, no one should be placed in internment camps or on reservations. No one should make less salary for doing the same job because of gender. No one should ever have to be fondled or provide a blow job to get a job. No one should read a sign that states, no Jews, no Colored, no Catholics and no Dogs in our neighborhood! And NO ONE WILL DENY ME and my brothers and sisters within the LGBTQ community, the fair and just treatment in the workplace, as a consumer, or as an American…NO ONE!