Sunday, June 27, 2021

WAITING

 “The opposite of talking isn't listening. The opposite of talking is waiting.”- Fran Lebowitz

“Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful...”- José N. Harris, 

 

“Don’t wait to be hunted to hide, that was always my motto.” ― Samuel Beckett

 

I waited, actually DECIDED that I must watch the world from a better vantage point, than the front row seat of sitting at my computer writing my BLOG. I woke up this morning, read the news, (I no longer permit myself to watch the news, because somehow too many senses are intruded upon when I do that), hemmed and hawed, threw in a few what the fucks, added one or two an obligatory “OF COURSES, threw in the usual, “When will he or she go to jail,” and THE, “If I hear one more warning that this time the law will take effect or affect Trump and his Klan.” I had chores to do, I had gardening to tend to, I had breezes to let brush past me, time for a few quiet moments with Joe took our dog Chance for a walk…WHATEVER, I might comment on, complain about, considerations and concerns could wait, and why not WAIT for the day to grab on its pajamas, find its comfortable clothes, dance with the twilight, and drink in the satin sheen of the stars and the moon.

 

I waited, not with bated breath, BUT with the hope that something might careen into THIS AMERICAN LIFE, SOMETHING that would or could or should stop the TYRANNY, TORMENT, TORTURE, TERRORISM, TEMPTATION, HATE AND HORROR that has been permitted to permeate and peel away the decency that DEMOCRACY may have once promised. Alas alack (I love that term; it sounds so melodramatic) to NO AVAIL, the same old same old, same THINGS ran rampant as if I had JUST sat down and written my BLOG earlier in the day. But I did realize, I WILL NOT BE SILENT AS I WAIT BECAUSE SILENCE EQUALS DEATH!