Tuesday, April 12, 2022

a happily ever after

 “…Now is the time to seize the day Send out the call and join the fray. Wrongs will be righted. If we're united Let us seize the day. (Seize The Day/Newsies) I awoke, a gloomy Cape Cod April Morning, lots of sun yesterday, dark dreary clouds puffed and proud to split open causing spittle of rain, hard enough to splatter and spill, boring enough to last way too long as it falls. Please I said to myself, NO NEWS, not now, wake up COMPLAIN about the weather, at least, no matter how I might be opinionated, I cannot change THAT! “…Extra! Extra! Read all about it, historical news is being made.” (Gypsy/Sondheim). But listen to that part of my brain trying to nurture me in the morning, I DID NOT, feeling the urgency, the need, NO THE NECESSITY, to discover what happened while I slept, and what nightmare awaits as I am AWAKE!  

Police Search for Suspect in Brooklyn Subway Shooting Ten people were shot and wounded, and six others were treated for shrapnel injuries, smoke inhalation, and panic, FDNY officials said. (Wall Street Journal) … A CAMPAIGN OF TERROR AGAINST REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS IS ALREADY FORGING A POST-ROE WORLD. (The Intercept) … The loss of Biden’s expansion of the child tax credit has meant an increase in child poverty by something like 41 percent. (MSNBC)… STDs are surging. The funding to fight them is not. The latest figures follow Congress’ decision last month to provide far less funding to sexual health clinics that provide free and subsidized testing. (Politico) Texas Wanted Me to Investigate Parents of Trans Kids. So I Quit. After Morgan Davis was ordered to investigate the parents of trans kids for “child abuse,” he quit: “I realized that I was doing more harm than good.” (VICE) If Putin isn’t stopped in Ukraine, the Baltics are likely next. (Washington Post) Why the Past 10 Years of American Life Have Been Uniquely Stupid. (The Atlantic)

 

“…One more day before the storm. At the barricades of freedom. Shall I join my brothers there? Do I stay or do I dare?” (Les Misérables/Schonberg) … “Demons will charm you with a smile For a while But in time Nothing can harm you Not while I'm around.” (Sweeney Todd/Sondheim) “…Careful the wish you make, Wishes are children Careful the path you take, Wishes come true.” (Into The Woods/Sondheim). I ADORE MUSICALS. The curtain remains down as the cast and crew use all of their yesterdays, readying for the here and now, the Opening Night, and as they watch that magnificent CURTAIN RISE, their tomorrow AWAITS, AWAKENS, and AMAZES…For up to 2 HOURS, nothing but PURE IMAGINATION wanders in the hearts and souls of both audience and entertainer. The belligerent clouds, reluctantly faded, if you listened to the wind one might have observed a moan from the nasty bullies of gray and black. The news of the day is hours old, the news of tomorrow, still churns and almost boils… I want my life to be a MUSICAL because there are usually HAPPILY EVER AFTER ENDINGS or the promise that change for GOOD will take place!