Friday, September 8, 2023

Limit the term

 So, I said to myself, as I read the news, watched the news, listened to the news, imagine if, we had such a thing as TERM LIMITS. You know, I whispered to myself, as in limiting the amount of years a POLITICIAN has to become like AMERICAN ROYALITY. Way back when FDR had run for a third term, the GOP, as only the GOP can do so well, decided that term limits might be a necessary thingie-majiggie, because after all, FDR was way too popular and his popularity might actually be something the average American likes; of course not the average millionaire back in the day, because those folks did not like the idea of the common man or woman, of ever being happy! 

Term limits for the President, but of course not for the Congress, because, the Congress, then and now, like to pretend that their shit never stinks, and if they stay in power almost forever, their shit will act like a form of manure, and fertilize the feeble-minded to remain dumb as shit.

 

So, then I said to myself, never moving my lips but thinking all of this, if we actually had term limits then one of the other anti-democracy tricks of the Congress would also lack relevance like GERRYMANDERED DISTRICTS. With term limits, asswipes like Gym Jordan could remain an asswipe, but after his second term, he would have to NOT be in Congress and have to run again once the newer person finished his or her term. So folks like Gym Jordon might actually have to campaign and actually be held accountable for all of the bull shit they parlayed while in office.

 

For me it is not just about the age of a Congressperson, State of Federal, or the age of a Senator, State of Federal, it is about their ethics, their own bigotries, and biases. And when it comes to hate, age is not the only variable.

 

And then, still having my own conversation with myself, I thought, while I am dreaming of a better way to help democracy thrive, I thought, how about taking money out of politics, as in wealthy people and corporations owning politicians, as in be my puppet and as long as you remain my puppet and do as I say, we will invest in your career; BUT how about actually giving anyone who wants to run for office a Civics Test, or a New Citizens Test, or a Constitution 101 Test?  But then, damn I realized that as long as it is up to Congress to make any changes, and if those changes affect their best interests, nothing is ever going to happen. So, I stopped talking to myself!