Wednesday, December 2, 2009

once again, AGAIN

Once again, I a Gay man have been denied my rights this time in the state of New York. The legislature voted not to debate, vote or support Gay Marriage.


Once again like the Slaves owned by the White ruling class in the South I have to ask my Master if he/she will be kind enough to allow me to live a life equal but separate from them.


Once again, like the Blacks in the South I have to drink from a separate water fountain, or stand in the back of the bus because the good seats are reserved for the Caucasians.


Once again, like the interracial couple of the early decade of America, I need to ask permission to marry, support and pronounce “until death do we part”, from the white couples who marry, divorce, cheat and plan adulterous affairs.


Once again, I have to ask my husband if I can work, if I can have the power to be who I wish to be, if I can vote, because as a woman I have no equal rights as a man.


Once again I have to ask my husband if I can have any control over my body, not have sex when he wishes, and not stay at home 24 hours a day. I have to ask not to be considered property, but his partner, his equal.


Once again I have to listen to false statements that this is not a religious dogmatic stance, to deny the LGBT community the right to marry, but a practical Constitutional matter. It is a matter to sustain the INSTITUTION OF MARRIAGE. It has nothing to do with personal fear, personal bias, personal bigotry, but with stabilizing a wholesome “opposite sex”, obligation which provides safety, nourishment, and stability for the children. That divorce, infidelity, adultery, lying, cheating in a heterosexual marriage, may happen, but a homosexual marriage would make all the “straight” marriages even more vulnerable and less desirable.


Once again I have to listen while my rights under OUR Constitution are chiseled away. While those who don’t know me, those who were taught to hate me, those whose self esteem is so low they need to feel empowered to find a scapegoat, THOSE Americans live an equal but separate existence from me.


Once again, I am supposed to buy this B. S. and tuck my tail under my legs and hear, “…well at least you have civil unions; at least you have domestic partnerships…” Once again I am supposed be told, there is so much else to concentrate on in this country, why make marriage such a priority. Once again I am told YOU ARE NOT LIKE US.


I am so tired of ONCE AGAIN. When do we stop this insidious, unfair, inhuman, and UNAMERICAN treatment? When?


No comments :