Tuesday, January 18, 2011

rows of prose

Seems in our 24/7 news cycle, our instant messaging, out Tweets, our hurry up and rush it is easier to get things said and maybe heard if they come in smaller doses, fragmented sentences, and only resonate a slight bit in our conscience. Everyone, including me is offering his/her opinion, hoping to be heard, hoping to make a point, hoping that some words make as much sense to others as they do to those who originate them.


My harangues sometimes use up to seven or eight paragraphs to make a point, a point I truly care about. My rantings sometimes are precise and exact and I use 250 words or less to say how I feel. My indignity sometimes is magnified and only outnumbered by my infuriation and frustration and I can go on and on and on with all of that.


There are lots of areas of current events that bother me, bug the shit out of me, and make me worried. Today I felt the need to share many of them. So I thought I would phrase my concerns in a four sentence prose. Venting is at times a cowards way to find a solution, when the vent has no bite. Finding a solution should be much easier to do, but usually the last thing that happens. I vent therefore I am, but would rather hope I vent therefore I can prevent.


Profits high and our bonuses reeking.

Unemployment, but we really don’t care.

We made mistakes, but the Government bailed us.

It’s good to be bankers; it’s so good to be rich.


You get sick, hope you have coverage.

Rates are high so our shareholders win.

It’s the biz it’s not about people.

Health care for some, but not if you’re really sick.


Talk of guns, but this is our duty.

More we have, the safer we are.

It’s a right we deny all that tyranny.

Reload and take aim, is now the American way.


Jesus said you should love one another.

But we know that he meant something else.

Not like us, then for sure he ain’t my brother.

Its difference I hate, and sameness makes me sane.


If I lied, if I hurt with you with falsehoods,

If I tried, to make you a fool.

It’s because I am fearful of my faults

Afraid I’m a failure and apologizing totally un-cool.


If you’re rich you need to be richer,

Why pay tax when the poor do it best

If we pay our politicians to help us

Now that’s money I believe we all should invest.


There is so much on our agenda. So many ways we see the world differently. Is it not how we live our lives that count? We so often find ourselves talking but never listening. Why must it be good for some, but others are never good enough to get the same?




No comments :