Sunday, January 30, 2011

hallelujah or amen

I as a Gay man am so tired of all the power I am assumed to hold. I am so tired of being the cause of the end of both Judaism and Christianity. I as a Gay man am so tired of the ability to demolish the great democracy of the United States. I as a Gay man am so tired of the ability to wreck the Institution of Marriage. I as a Gay man am so tired of being the one devaluing family values. I as a Gay man am so tired of honest men and women, our Troops, wanting to abandon the flag, motherhood and apple pie because I love and want to be loved.

It took me 37 years to find the strength to admit that who I am and was, was not anything to be ashamed of. It took me 37 years to face my fears that I might seem a failure. It took me 37 years to realize I am so much more than just a Gay man.

Now at the age of 61, 24 years after coming out to myself and those I love, as a citizen of the United States am so tired of small minded, fearful people using God and their own conceived interpretation of his words as reason to deny me any and all rights. I am so tired of self righteous, self serving politicians obscuring the real reasons for failure and forlorn in this country with a blame it on the Gays theme. I am so tired of heterosexual parents who have no idea how to raise their own kids and their failure in doing so screaming and hollering about families of two dads or two moms. I am so tired of men marrying women and women marrying men because of the pressure of the church, from their parents, or their own personal questions about their own sexuality and not because they are or were or ever will be in love with their spouse.

I am tired that people still make headlines, cause consternation, rely on hate, fear, injustice to prove a very frail and fact-less point. I am so very tired that what should be a simple part of equality in this nation has been run roughshod by politicians, recklessly used as reason for people’s own personal failure, and ruminated by religious zealots as evil and bad.

I am like all other Americans, I am like all other people who believe in God, I am like all other parents who love their kids, I am like all the others except I do not hate that I do not know, and I will not deny the rights written in the Constitution that state life liberty and the pursuit of happiness to people because I fear them.


Rabbi Yehuda Levin the Rabbi ofCongregation Mevakshei Hashem (Those Who Seek the Lord) Synagogue in the Flatbush and Spokesman for theRabbinical Alliance of America. Levin is a vocal religious conservative and opposes homosexual rights and abortion.

Levin is also a member of the advisory committee of the organization Jews against Anti Christian Defamation. Yehuda Levin tends to be in alliance with Christian Evangelicals on efforts opposed to homosexual rights and other social issues. This led to his 1996 support for Pat Buchanan.

Levin has run for public office numerous times. He ran for Congress in 1984 on the Republican ticket, for mayor of New York City in 1985 on the Right to Life ticket, and for New York City Council in 1991 and 1993 on the Conservative ticket. He was unsuccessful in each of these elections.

Levin was involved in stopping a gay pride event from taking place in Jerusalem.He apparently supported the use of violence by protesters in opposing the planned event saying "I promise that there's going to be bloodshed". (Wikipedia).


Joel Osteen is a native Texan and pastor of Lakewood Church, which according to Church Growth Today is America’s largest and fastest growing church. In an interview that aired Wednesday night on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight, Pastor Joel Osteen spoke about things ranging from faith, charity and finances. What really brewed the storm was the fact that he completely condemned homosexuality, calling it a ’sin’, and emphatically declared that Sir John Elton in a confirmed sinner.

Pastor Joel Osteen elucidated, saying that his viewpoint was actually based on what the Scriptures themselves said. (etidbits.com)

Do I hear a Hallelujah or an Amen!

No comments :