Thursday, December 15, 2022

10 YEARS AGO AND A DAY

 I was able to tell my kids I loved them, yesterday and today. I was able to hear about the new experiences in their lives today and yesterday. My kids were alive yesterday and remain alive today! 

TEN YEARS AGO AND A DAY: The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting occurred on December 14, 2012, in Newtown, Connecticut, United States, when 20-year-old Adam Lanza shot and killed 26 people. Twenty of the victims were children between six and seven years old, and the other six were adult staff members. 

 

As a Parent, I am without words, imagining the horrors of losing a child, let alone losing a child through the violence of guns. As an American, I have no idea why the Second Amendment holds more sway or power, or priority than LIFE itself. As a Human Being, I must wonder how in the world the Death of the Innocent seems so irrelevant to those who support the NRA, the GOP, and the Industry of Killing!

 

TEN YEARS AGO AND A DAY. The lives of people who just thought they were about to go about their day, ENDED. And NOW, TEN YEARS AGO AND A DAY after, NOTHING has been done to stop the MADNESS!