Saturday, December 10, 2022

STOP, LOOK, LISTEN

 I have always wondered, when was it too late to change the future. Kind of weird, but it has always been a concept in both my gut and mind.  A very easy example, for me, is our Climate. If we knew decades ago that the science was correct in explaining weather phenomenon, but choose to put off thinking about it, and by ignoring the facts, permitting climate to change, could we or should we have bitten the proverbial bullet, and said we must address then present to make certain there is actually a future? When EXXON Executives actually read the studies regarding the excess carbon output into the atmosphere, prioritizing profits over people, could they or should they have realized that even the generations of their families might suffer the same consequences as anyone they deemed as expandible humans? And the Tobacco producers, who had studies proving the dangers of cigarettes and smoking, what if they actually said, hmmm smoking does, not may lead to cancer?

 

I understand that for way too many uneducated, undereducated, never raised to understand empathy or sympathy, I need to identify an enemy to make me feel better about myself, THUGS, that HISTORY, presents nothing but the facts, and because of that is considered frightening, so they make a folly of it. But when the threat of Dictators, Authoritarianists, and Despots had occurred in the past, and almost all with the same amount of bigotry, hatred, and propaganda preceding them, when was the time to say STOP, LOOK, LISTEN?

 

I understand I have little power to actually change the options of the future in a grand way, BUT, I know I must try, before once again, I and billions of other people cry, “WHY, WHY, WHY.”