Thursday, December 8, 2022

Thursday, Thursday

 It seems that the Ku Klux Klan had replaced their white robes with Red MAGA hats during the reign of terror of TRUMP. Now, it appears that even those Red MAGA hats have been replaced with Penile Implants in the form of AKs and ARs carried by Men dressed in Military Drag. So, now the so-called “well-armed militia,” is staking out Gay bars, and Drag Shows, all decorated in their Military garb, and “look how big my gun is attire. No more need for nooses, nope when you can carry your weapon of war. If this AIN’T a form of Domestic Terrorism, please, FBI, explain to me what is? Oh wait, I know, it becomes OFFICIAL DOMESTIC TERRORISM, once someone is killed!

I have never been detained in a Russian prison. Thank goodness no one I call a friend or family member has been detained in any Authoritarian Mad Man’s Regime. Brittney Griner was released, today. Her release was one-on-one for one of Russia’s most heinous of humans. And yet, if you listened to the Cable News, you would think that this exchange was some kind of TRUMP-related, scandal.  Except for one Talking Head, (including the Networks Anchors) no one else speaking about this has ever been held captive against their will, nor had a family member or friend. I am happy for Brittney and her wife and family, she is now free, and who will ever truly know the torture she went through and the nightmares she will have. However, it seems the folks on MSNBC and CNN, (now I know why I would read my news rather than listen to become commercialized), would rather make an issue out of Brittney’s freedom debating just why and how.  Nice to never suffer the consequences but decide they are up for debate.

 

So, now my marriage to my husband is almost foolproof, and secure. As if Joe and I were second-class citizens, we had to wait for Congress to finally do almost the right thing and say Same-Sex Marriage is about 95% the same as Hetero-Marriage. I had been raised to understand that EQUALITY carries no caveats. That EQUALITY means IT EQUALS, as in it is the same as something else it is compared to. Look closely at the deal that had to be made with the National Christian Fascists identifying as Republicans. There is some bull shit about Christian rights, as government representatives to NOT have to facilitate Same-Sex Marriages. Weren’t we once founded as a nation without a National Religion? Yeah, and Boo. More security, but not safe, a  see it!