Thursday, December 21, 2017

SICK

The older I have grown the more difficult it is for me to watch slasher movies, films about torturing victims, and any production which includes the suffering of the innocent by calculating villains. For me, it is not entertainment, nor a form of art, for me, suffering, persecution and dying are too real and if there is anything way I can stop ANY of it I will.

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017, Trump and his cohorts, the treasonous Republican Party (all of the GOP members of the Congress, stood in front of America, as if they had produced a miracle, as if they had just accomplished the greatest gift to the American people, as if ALL of them just finished a SELF-LESS act. (If you looked at the screen close enough, you could even see the puppet strings attached to all of these reprehensible Republicans, being pushed and pulled  by the billionaire Koch Brothers, the Mercer Family, and maybe some of the betsy DeVos clan). I tried my best to witness a moment in American history where the actual government turned against its own citizens. But I discovered, just like the slasher movies, torture films and the suffering of innocents I became ill. It was as if I wanted to VOMIT, as if the insides of my gut were about to explode. The sinister show of insincerity and self righteousness caused my body to almost suffer a seizure.

McConnell and Ryan, both Republican leadership most likely on the Putin payroll, could hardly contain themselves, and Orrin Hatch, one of the longest serving Senators and rumored to be one of the wealthiest Senators, also began a dissertation praising Trump as the GREATEST president EVER. It was as if we were in North Korea, or Iraq, or Nazi Germany, as the peons in the government, praised without guts or conscience the dictators of a lawless nation. And then to top it off, the anarchists started to list some made up achievements of a government hacked into office and owned by Russia.


What they forgot to mention was: that 70% of Puerto Ricans are still without water and power…that the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is not funded for 2018…that with the Tax Scam at least 36 million Americans will either not have affordable health care or be unable to afford any health care offered…that an admitted sexual predator is still sitting in the Oval Office…I watched as the GOP enemies of the state cheered and celebrated the dismantling of our democracy, and I grew so SICK