Thursday, September 16, 2021

For the Living

 As I sit, about to begin a blog, having had my own introspection of life, right, wrong, good, bad, evil, hope; just to mention a few, I am still not certain as to what I will write. It is Yom Kippur, which depending on your own family's beliefs can be---- The holiest day of the year, for Jews, when we are closest to God and to the essence of our souls. Yom Kippur means “Day of Atonement,” as the verse states, “For on this day He will forgive you, to purify you, that you be cleansed from all your sins before Gd.” (Chabad.org)----And which can include, Observances: Fasting; prayer; abstaining from physical pleasures; refraining from work, and the Significance: Atonement for personal sins, fate of each person is sealed for the upcoming year. (Jewishlife.com).

 

I pause, actually, as I write, I hem and haw, I fidget, I figure out, I contemplate, and I hesitate, this time, CERTAIN of what I want to say, but UNCERTAIN as to how to say it. (which for me, is a very weird sensation, as I am often time an opinionated person, and eager to herald my thoughts). I am tormented, tortured by what I see as madness among too many, preferring to use fiction as motivation for action, falsehoods as a manipulation of the truth, and hate as the fuel for walking backward, instead of facing forward. I believe in a God, (mine does not hate nor act like a bigot, mine actually had a part in the creation of life, so why in the universe would he want to destroy it, and the God to which I pray, actually LISTENS).

 

So, this morning, as I sat at my desk, hands on the keyboard of my computer, looking out at least six varieties of birds feeding on the seeds we left in their feeders, surrounded by two of the wild turkeys, (Eugenia and Earl), living on our property, the two chipmunks, and three squirrels; HAVING JUST read three too many stories about COVID and how the UNVACCINATED, have caused ICU’s to not accept patients, parents refusing to have their kids and their families masked or VACCINATED, and Republican Governors, playing politics with the lives of way too many dumb as shit peons, insisting that to mandate VACCINATIONS has anything to do with FREEDOM…I looked around (not up, because the God I believe in is everywhere), and heard myself mutter or is the word UTTER, “what the fuck, why the fuck, and how the fuck.” I am bewildered, bothered, and have no idea about the destiny of the world in which I live! So as the fate of the living is to be sealed for the coming year, I am left with worry, for the living!