Sunday, September 5, 2021

DEFY GRAVITY!

 “So if you care to find me

Look to the western sky!

As someone told me lately

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"

And if I'm flying solo

At least I'm flying free

To those who ground me

Take a message back from me

Tell them how I am defying gravity!

I'm flying high, defying gravity!” (Defying Gravity/Stephen Schwartz)

 

Both my parents told my sisters and me; we could fly. Both my parents insisted that gravity was a state of mind and not a state of being. Both my Mother and my Father had the same goal in mind for their children, but it was the way in which they uniquely came about sharing it, with us.

 

My Father told us we had the wings, but we had to discover them, exercise them, and finally free them to actually fly. My Mother insisted she could help sew the wings, attach them, add some oil here and there if they got rusty, and push us ever so gently for the initial take-off. My Father nudged, and cajoled, urging us to seek the air current best suited for a flight. My Mother would map out a few routes and if none were to our suiting, she would help us discover more. Both of my knew that freedom was out there, that gravity did not have to be a burden, each of my parents added their unique unconditional love and talent, and personality, to say, “Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"

 

The Jewish New Year is fast approaching, and as I begin the introspection necessary to comprehend my past, to embrace my future, I can not help but remember, the two people, Rena and Howard, Buncher, who told me you can be the master of your destiny! Shana Tova, and DEFY GRAVITY!