Saturday, September 4, 2021

What now!

 Before the era began, when Horror Movies grew into Franchises, the viewer could wait till the very end of that movie, and finally sigh, wipe the sweat off their brows, pretend they hadn’t screamed or even wet their pants at least once, take a quick peek around, especially in the darkened corners of old MOVIE PALACES, making certain no lingering creature was waiting to pounce; and UNDERSTAND, the monster had been defeated, the creature abated, and the insane human contained and captured! Peace of mind, that all the madness and mayhem was neatly tied and wrapped in an hour and a half film, and the ride or walk home could be done safely.

 

I do not long or linger for the so-called Good Old Days, because if I were to really study those days, I am not too certain that the GOOD part of that phrase, but there is still a nostalgia nagging at my brain, trying to simplify these SHITTY CURRENT DAYS, as just a walking nightmare, from which I can and could, may and might just wake up!

 

I write my blogs, I find the snark, the sarcasm, the hypocrisy, the lack of common sense, the disregard for morals and values, and as an obligation to myself, family and friends, and future generations of family and friends, POINT THEM OUT. I feel better once I quickly click the keys to my computer, almost causing the tips of my fingers to bruise, I read through the words of anger, disappointment, renouncement, and ridicule sigh a deep breath originating from my lower extremities and almost feel numb. What I do not feel, however, is the sense that there is a strong enough GOOD in this nation to destroy the BAD, in this nation. I compare the dangers I see regarding the direction our civilized nation is heading, as similar to the arrogance and ignorance regarding CLIMATE CHANGE…we watch the hurricanes grow larger, the drought drier, the wildfires bursting to flames, oceans rise, species dying, and populations suffer, and YET as the Earth is slowly spinning into a Mars or Venus, we do very little…our country is now the site for the Madhatter’s Tea Party in Alice in Wonderland, and all we seem to do is provide more teacups to be shattered!