Tuesday, September 7, 2021

This Day

 Rosh Hashanah, literally meaning "head [of] the year", is the Jewish New Year. The biblical name for this holiday is Yom Teruah, literally "day of shouting or blasting…Human Nature is a concept that denotes the fundamental dispositions and characteristics—including ways of thinking, feeling, and acting—that humans are said to have naturally. The term is often used to denote the essence of humankind, or what it 'means to be human…Natural Selection is the differential survival and reproduction of individuals due to differences in phenotype. It is a key mechanism of evolution, the change in the heritable traits characteristic of a population over generations…

 

Today, September 7, 2021, or (referring to the Jewish Calendar, the year-5781), as I celebrate the Jewish New Year, I choose the first morning and daylight hours of the New Year, as a means for A Personal Reflection, of my life, my impact on the lives of those around me, and the sheer power of those around me and their perceived influence on me. I have always tried, once I better understood my own connection to my religion, to my Higher Power, to comprehend the differences and similarities, both the unique and shared traits of being human. 71 years of life, perhaps 69 years of formulating habits, history, moments of memories, and mysteries, I have sought to find a true definition of HUMAN NATURE, and still have fallen short of the realization of its power and complexity! 71 years of life and perhaps 61 years of beginning to consider the wild and wicked, the lost and found, the infinitesimal, and the infinity of NATURAL SELECTION.

 

I believe it does take a village, but I am not too naïve as to think just living in the village is all one has to do. I believe in atonement, and translate that as At-One-Ment, but to be one, and never embrace numbers two to infinity, is lonely; and to only remain as one, for me is selfish! Seven decades and a Year of Rosh Hashanah, of being a part of Human Nature, of the ongoing Natural Selection of life, and I am still uncertain of way too many reasons why. This year, 2021-5781, seems even more confusing, and I feel an urgency to confront the REASONS WHY, for to ignore or let them just arrive, frightens me…DEEPLY! I have often said “SILENCE EQUALS DEATH,” but on this Rosh Hashanah, I now feel the necessity to add, “SILENCE IS DEADLY!”