Monday, January 1, 2024

It is 2024

 2024. I remember when the year 2000 was about to embark on our horizon, and how futuristic, the 21st century seemed to be! Suddenly, I remember thinking, the future has arrived, wow! Sometimes I have no recall of where the days weeks, and decades had taken me, and often times I still wonder where was I during all that time. I mean, suddenly I am a 74-year-old man, but wasn’t it yesterday, I was only 40 years old! I guess I have been a time traveler, all this time, but unaware of how I spent my time.  

So much history behind me, so many events which once were considered current, are now recalled, once upon a times, collections of remembrances. I do know that from then to now, whenever then actually was, to this immediate period of now, I learned lessons, paid consequences, and took chances either embracing change or fighting change tooth and nail. Thankfully, from family and good friends, I was taught that HISTORY mattered. Many of these people in my life, would whisper, scream, hint, murmur, do not take for granted the relevancy of what came before, think about the results from decisions of long ago, of yesterday, and incorporate the facts to become wiser about today, and the days after today!

 

2024 is here, and now, perhaps it is the newest year of my life, but with its arrival, I still worry and wonder about the unfinished business of this nation and the world in which I live, that have found footing from before to now. I worry more than wonder about evil, and the incessant fight against good. I continue to perseverate about those among us who do not seek the common good but pursue what is only good for them. I continue to become frustrated and frightened when facts no longer matter, and too often are replaced with opinions based on bias, bogus, and bull shit.

 

2024. We were told way back when that the future was coming and when it arrived amazing, phenomenal, spectacular better than ever magic would be made for mankind.  I will still be loud, be proud, act up, and never forget, but it seems harder and harder, to do so. But I know that truth, justice, liberty, and freedom are worth the battle. Happy, hopeful, peaceful, promising, and purposeful 2024, indeed! 

No comments :