Thursday, January 18, 2024

GOOD GUYS?

 DOJ report details chaotic police response, unnecessary delays in Uvalde massacre. The Robb Elementary School massacre is widely regarded as an egregious law enforcement failure. Police waited more than an hour to confront the shooter. (San Antonio Express-News) 

I will preface this blog of mine by saying that twice in my life, have I ever used a gun. The first time was WAYYYYYY BACK WHEN in Pittsburgh, in the 1960’s when my father was a Policeman, and his station Number 11 on Northumberland Avenue, proudly had a program called Pittsburgh Junior Police. This program was an outreach to neighborhoods to help the citizens understand what the Police did. Our neighborhood kids actually visited a shooting range at the Police Station, and we all held a gun (unloaded) and aimed at a target, the intent was to teach us how serious it was to shoot a gun. My only other second experience holding a gun was at Camp, Camp Barney Mednitz in Cleveland Georgia, where we had Target Shooting with rifles. Since both experiences, I have NEVER held a gun in my hand. My Lottery Number during the time of the War in Vietnam was low enough to keep me from being drafted, so I NEVER had to learn how to shoot. And thankfully, growing up in a neighborhood where guns were NEVER used, I did not need a gun to try and keep me safe. As a Policeman, my father did have his gun at home, but for as long as I was able to grasp the idea of guns, or was ever tall enough to reach his gun, I and my siblings were educated on the purposes and pretense for using a gun.

 

We have been told, over and over by the GUN CARTEL, that GUNS are as American as Apple Pie. We have been lectured by those who consider the NRA as Christian as TRUMP is, that the Second Amendment is somehow the 11th Commandment and that to use a gun is somehow Jesus’s way of being GOD. We have also been told, after hundreds of mass shootings, that if GOOD GUYS WITH GUNS, had been present somehow the death and destruction of innocents could have been avoided. GUNS ARE GOOD AND GOD-GIVEN the NRA states, as do the Politicians say, who are paid quite handsomely by the NRA, and only GOOD GUYS WITH GUNS, CAN STOP BAD GUYS WITH GUNS.  But, then we had ULVALDE, TEXAS, ROBB ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, and ALL of the supposed GOOD GUYS WITH GUNS, cowered, hesitated, waited and waited and DID NOT USE THEIR GUNS to deter the BAD GUY, with a GUN.

 

21 Victims DEAD in Uvalde, teachers and children. All awaiting the GOOD GUYS WITH GUNS TO STOP THE BAD GUY WITH A GUN!