Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Dancing in the Street

As I stood in my Family Room, looking out at clusters of trees, filled with dozens of hues and shades of green, sizes from bushes to the kind in which you place one foot behind you, the other in front, then bend your knees, just slightly bending your neck at the just correct angle to discover the canopy, a rather large turkey, unlike the pictures I have seen during the imagined Thanksgivings between the invading armies of Pilgrims and the Indigenous Tribes of North America, spread its cacophony of wings and flew at least 10 onto a branch. Who knew Turkeys could fly, but right in front of me, as a witness to the delights of nature, I, with mouth wide open, discovered they can and do! I have begun my journey onto Cape Cod and am lucky enough to begin my summer romance with the greatest place on Earth (not Disneyland), but a small town 6 miles east of Provincetown, called North Truro. 

My blogs may become a bit lighter and leaner, because the world around me has suddenly turned into a bubble of bountiful, and buoyant, but knowing what I know, I am still living in a nation of smoke and mirrors, snakes and the salespeople of snake oil, sinister self-aggrandizement, and spooky shadow people, becoming braver and braver stepping into the daylight with a grin, making he smile of the CLOWN created by Stephen King, in his book ‘IT’, a swell guy!

As the lyrics go: It's an invitation across the nation, a chance for folks to meet They'll be laughing and singing, music swinging Dancing in the street (Dancing in the Street/David Bowie/Mick Jagger). I will be dancing on Commercial Street because Provincetown and now North Truro’s magic is that compelling…but I have become way too afraid, and paranoid and obsessed that a MAD MAN is running rampant and his Gestapo of ICE Agents, Border Patrol, Cabinet Members, Crime Family Members, Mitch McConnell and his coward of GOP sheep, and now sadly members of the Navy Echelon, are following in his footsteps. 

I wait, and the debate of law versus politics continues, a mockery of my nation’s freedom and equality is on display with each and every Tweet, slanderous comment, and tsunami of lies Trump recites and repeats. I am settled in my happy summer place, but for the first time, the caution of the boundaries beyond haunt me!