Thursday, June 20, 2019

The Fog of Trump

FOG: a thick cloud of tiny water droplets suspended in the atmosphere at or near the earth's surface which obscures or restricts visibility (to a greater extent than mist; strictly, reducing visibility to below 1 km).something that obscures and confuses a situation or someone's thought processes.bewilder or puzzle (someone).

Walking along the Bay in Provincetown, this morning, I, still weaning myself from the daily dirge of lies, fiction, photoshop, more lies, hate, adolescent actions which would make a real adolescent convert to adulthood in a flash of a moment, and media coverage of a moron, besieged with insecurity and suffering severely from insanity, which represents Trump and his Circus of Clowns, I must have had a relapse, while looking into the fog. It was just lying still, as would a predator in the thick of the woods, lurking, ready to leap upon its prey…my mind must have melted, and I have whooshed away from calm and tranquility and the words “danger, danger Will Robinson” ran rampant in my head! I turned and thought I saw shape-shifter walking along the shore or walking on water to something that seemed to be floating on air. “No, no, not now, I said to the poor seagull sitting on the sand minding its own business…the end of the world has happened because I became too overwhelmed by EVERYTHING TRUMP, and tried to rid myself of the angst, and anger…I stopped trying to persevere to resist…I said goodbye to Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O’Donnell, and my newest very favorite Nicolle Wallace…all I knew was on FACEBOOK…

I began to sweat, what was next, here I am in my most happiest of places, Provincetown, and even the joy of inclusion, the delight of interaction, the mere pleasure of people asking how are you and waiting for a response, and then reply to that response, causing a real conversation…it was beginning to be smothered by the Fog of Trump! I ran a bit, the fog beginning to clear, but still thick enough for my mother to have stayed awake all night if I had been driving in the fog while living in Pittsburgh. And then I saw, a THING, standing there, or was it moving, or was it lurking, waiting to tease me to inspect exactly what it was! NO, not here…But as I stopped and the THING looking at me was really not interested, in me, it was just trying to endure the ravages of the sea, the salt, and the fog.

And it dawned on me, that there are real people, real places, real problems and we are so confused with the Fog of Trump, we forget to fight, hard, then harder, and must not let the confines of the fog reset our priorities, emotions, and purpose!