Sunday, June 16, 2019

Father's

The Sum of Its Parts: the idea that the total effectiveness of a group of things each interacting with one another is different or greater than their effectiveness when acting in isolation from one another. From father to son, from that son to his son and daughter, from his children to the world in which we all must find equal balance! It sounds so easy. Magic can be catchy, mesmerizing, and even miraculous at times. To have had an experience, to share that piece of being human, to extend the wonders three times its energy and to know that what once, still is and will be, is both the nature and nurture of life.

Who might I have become, if not the man I am, without the love and guidance love and lessons from my FATHER! And how different a course of life might my own children have traveled if not for OUR chances, choices, consequential and concerted efforts to achieve conscience and love. We are the Sum of Its Parts, THIS THING called LIFE. Often times it feels as if it a slow-motion machination of being, but then right before our eyes it speeds up and we often wonder how we got here, and where did the past go!

For those who biologically are Father’s, those emotionally attached to their nieces, nephews, or children suddenly inherited, luckily so via marriage, for the men who know love, and are loved who have been an important piece of the puzzle of the parts of life, I wish you a Happy Father’s Day. And to my own Dad, for whom I have stored the memories of my life in the past, and my two children, Adam, and Dani for whom the past, the present and the future whose moments, and memories are still growing and growing, I am blessed and I love you!