Monday, April 5, 2021

Respect Yourself

  

In 1972 the Staples Singers released their single, ‘Respect Yourself,’ the lyrics immediately spoke to me, and having no idea I fell in love with a Christian Gospel Pop Record, I quoted the myriad of verses; thinking NOW THIS MAKES SENSE. It is now 2021, forty-nine years later and I found myself singing along to ‘Respect Yourself’, popping out of my earbuds as I was working out. (I am so old school in listening to music, that my favorite lists of music are all 60’s and 70’s, you know crotchety old man music!) And my concentration on form and function wandered to what the FUCK and who the FUCK do these Republicans think they are!...

 

“…If you disrespect anybody that you run in to How in the world do you think anybody's s'posed to respect you… Little Lindsey and Teddy (Jesus spends time in my wife’s bedroom, and has dinner over my house at least twice a week) Cruz, BOTH have besmirched the Government of the US in so many ways, each trying to get further inside Trump's ass so they can claim the prized of Orange Nose, that one might imagine shame would finally have smacked them in their balls…BUT, it seems they became eunuchs’ for Trump so who needs genitals, anyway!...


“…You the kind of gentleman that want everything your way, yeah Take the sheet off your face, boy, it's a brand new day…” Governor Brian Kemp and the entire Georgia State Legislature, no longer even desire to avoid comparing themselves with Jim Crow, and now it seems it is EVEN more fashionable to be a KKK Fascist, during daylight…Now they actually all are threatening their creation of People, known as Corporations, and demanding the CEO’s stop being WOKE…OMG, they speak Urban slang!

“…If you're walking 'round think'n that the world owes you something 'cause you're here You goin' out the world backwards like you did when you first come here yeah…” then there is the ever useless YET HYPERBOLIC HYPOCRITE, HUCK HUCKABEE,  pretending he is anything but selling Christian Snake Oil when he pontificated via a TWEET, PROUDLY, "I’ve decided to 'identify' as Chinese. Coke will like me, Delta will agree with my 'values' and I’ll probably get shoes from Nike & tickets to @MLB games. Ain’t America great?"


“…Oh, you cuss around women and you don't even know their names, no then you're dumb enough to think that'll make you a big old' man…” AND of course, Matty (My Daddy will fire your ass if you mess with me) Gaetz and We all shit so what if I shit in my pants and walk around in all day long). He AIN’T gonna resign from Congress, He AIN’T gonna be bullied, SHIT HE IS THE DUDE, and whoever he disrespects should wear that as a badge of HONOR!