Tuesday, April 20, 2021

today a breath

 I waited, patiently, to write my BLOG, my RANT, my COMMENTARY, not because I had any idea of what the news might bring us, BUT because in the past four years, and the year of 2020 and A Half, I have learned, that each NEXT moment will probably provide events never ever perceived as possibly being real or even a definition of REALITY! When FICTION had become the TRUTH, erased when it didn’t fuel the flames of HATE enough, discarded when a more important lie could make things worse, OR a means by which to have the ending fuck over everyone; I learned as might Pavlov’s Dog, to be conditioned to the worst in HUMANITY…and not only conditioned BUT PARALYZED by all of it! So as positive as I am trying to become in my OUTLOOK on life, I have also been keenly aware that as long as humans enjoy sadomasochism, pain will triumph over pleasure! 

 

I was glued to the Cable News, hated myself for falling prey to the unnecessary commentary by Talking Heads, by wannabe somebodies, by the hype and hyperbole of pretending to be a fortune-teller; by the sheer indulgence in talking over themselves hoping to be heard, when in fact it was just noise, actually causing a din blocking out the TRUTH. But today, Tuesday 20, 2020, and A Half our nation had a milestone to face, and a chance to look Lady Justice honestly or to provide her once again the middle finger! Much to my surprise, my pleasure, and satisfaction; the Jurors for once let their own eyes inform their brains of FACTS; and placed a muffler over the voices of LIARS/BIGOTS/CON ARTISTS/and pay to play politicians paid comfortably by a 1% Donor Class, Hellbent, to burn this nation to ashes and soot!

 

For now, as a white man, an American, I can feel proud that Black Men and Women, can BREATHE, at least for NOW!