Thursday, May 20, 2021

from here to eternity

 Spring is establishing its rightful foothold on planet Earth, albeit for this year, but Mother Nature has been a lot cranky recently, so with the coming of each season, we mere mortals can only anticipate, the irregularity of what was once considered REGULAR; and joyously embrace the moment, inhaling and exhaling. Spring was oh so comforting in Provincetown, on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, inviting and embracing, enticing and begging all and anyone to take a peek, attempt a try, let go and just remember the world is trying to spin round and round, in spite of the politics and POLITICIANS. Joe and I found ourselves drawn to the Jetty, the man-made rock bridge-like formation in P-Town, dividing the Bay from the Ocean. This place for me, aside from climbing Mt Sinai at sunrise and taking the path to Masada is MY Heaven on Earth, MY HAVEN. These are a few places from which I understand the vastness of the universe, the power of the God I believe in, and the sense and sensibility THAT WE all are a part of the greater good, and the GOODNESS we project is so important in maintaining a BALANCE, between good and BAD!

 

The tide has escaped the shores of either side of the Jetty, the water is spinning its powerful currents elsewhere, leaving its usual deep dark mysteries, UNCOVERED; availing humans to walk on the sand usually hidden and secretive. And here I am as if a desert has appeared, almost as if it was from here to eternity. I was tall and small, a speck and unique all at one time. And standing on the floor the sea bed, dry and sturdy, I once again dreamed of purpose, principle, and promise.

 

For four years and 5 months, the world had seemed doomed and dangerous, frustrating and futile. I would not remain quiet, knowing that SILENCE DOES EQUAL DEATH. Even now, the chaos seems to be contagious with consequences as great as before, and frustration runs rampant. Fact is thrown away replaced as fiction. Truth has been brutalized, with honor morals and values kicked and beleaguered. Anxiety and angst are daring the sane mind to remain calm, and I like so many humans just wish for justice to return. I write my blogs; I respond to MEME’s that perfectly state the obvious if only the OBLIVIOUS would see them. But on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, I escaped from the harangue and heretic-like hypocrisy, and for the half-hour before the tide returned I found the strength to carry on!