Monday, May 23, 2022

EUPHOBIA

 EUPHOBIA: The fear of good news…WHO KNEW there was such a thing. And WHO KNEW, I actually might be suffering from this newly discovered, at least for me, PHOBIA! It is not so much my FEAR of GOOD News, but rather my FEAR that BAD NEWS will somehow drown out the resonating sound of something GOOD happening to this country I call home, America! I have been in a gloomy grimy grim frame of reference for quite a while. I was certain with the defeat of TRUMP and his attempted COUP, life in America could get better, but wishing so, (WISHING FOR GOOD NEWS), seemed to backfire, and once again a not elected by the majority of voters president, emerged, this time by the name of McCONNELL! My embracing of GOOD NEWS, seemed more of an omen, a warning that to believe in GOOD, before GOOD actually has a firm foundation, is BAD!

According to a few PHOBIA sites, there are 100 PHOBIAS listed, but the Mental Health Workers add as a footnote, that there might be at least two dozen more unaccounted for. Alphabetically, the list begins with Achluophobia/fear of darkness, and ends with zoophobia/fear of animals, and the myriad of names and descriptions is mind-boggling! 

 

I have found myself wondering about my CURRENT REALITY, often questioning why I worry about the BAD NEWS, and somehow am fearful of the GOOD NEWS…and in doing so I realized that REALITY may be just a relevant reminder of the IMMEDICAY OF MY LIFE. And even if MY life seems to be on a positive road AHEAD, there is MORE to the REALITY in which I find myself living, because as I see it, happiness is not just a self-contained isolated instance, but indeed it SHOULD BE an adjunct to my greater community. And right now, I worry dearly for MY GREATER COMMUNITY!