Wednesday, March 2, 2011

lie

While looking for a placement during my years as a student teacher, my college professor, inquired about my interest in working at The Holy Family Catholic School in the Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh. It was the early 70's and there was still tons of why not flowing through my system and I said of course. The Mother Superior, Katherine Herman, of the Church, and principal of the school met me interviewed me, commented on my beard and mustache at the time saying I resembled Jesus a teeny bit. The Mother was not only an expert educator, but she was a very spiritual individual. She made sure that if I had any questions about the Catholic Church, its mission as educators I should ask as many questions as possible. I made at least a twice a week visit to her office and we spoke about God, religion, children, and our place on this Earth.

To this day I have respect for The Mother Superior of The Holy Family School because of her ability to say that there is a way to live your life on this earth by following God's examples and in doing so not foregoing the individual rights of people who may not. She insisted that how you live your life is what God cares about not necessarily who you pray to.

While working as the Assistant Executive Director at the Jewish Community Center in Houston I had the opportunity to work with some of the Rabbi's of that city. Many of my responsibilities involved meeting with the clergy of that city and speaking with the religious leadership of the Temples and Synagogues. I had the privilege of working with Rabbi Michael's, the rabbi of a Reform Temple. I was so impressed with his manner, thought process and personality I joined his congregation and went to Friday night services. Rabbi Michael's said very clearly in his sermons that if you believe in a God then you should also believe all that he/she has created. He said no one is better, no one is closer no one knows God more than you. We are all as good as God if we at least respect the goodness of others.

To this day I have respect for Rabbi Michael as he never once said my belief is better, there is a right way or a wrong way to believe in God. He said religion is based on spirituality and spirituality is an equalizer open and ready for anyone and everyone. He stated very clearly that how you live your life is the true sign of understanding God.

Mike Huckabee, ex Arkansas Governor, a potential Republican/Bagger candidate for the office of President in 2012 is also an ordained Southern Baptist Minister. Reverend Huckabee is a darling of the Christian Conservative minions and uses his self appointed closer to God then Thee attitude to pontificate on what is right, wrong, evil and good. He is a champion for excluding Gay rights, anti abortion, promoting creationism in schools and wears a badge of the moral police on his body whenever he goes out stumping for politics or entertaining audiences during his fictional hour on FOX News. He has stated that God is keeping track of the liars, the users, those with little ethic and those of dire values and empty morals.

Reverend Mike Huckabee says President Barack Obama's childhood in Kenya shaped his world view and told New York radio station WOR that Obama was raised in Kenya with a Kenyan father and grandfather.

Actually, Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961 to a mother from Kansas and a father from Kenya whom he would barely know. He spent his youth in Hawaii and Indonesia and did not visit his father's homeland until 1987, well after his father's death.

Reverend Huckabee lied . Blatantly lied fabricated the truth, stoked the fires for those who base their facts on FOX News, and deliberately tried to diminish the Americanization of a man born in America who has provided the truth of his birth over and over again. Reverend Huckabee dressed as potential political candidate Huckabee, did not stop with his lies but throughout the entire interview made references to Obama as Kenyan.

Hogan Gidley, candidate Huckabee's assistant, told ABC News that Huckabee "misspoke" on the matter and "meant to say the president grew up in Indonesia." But Minister Huckabee, the man who points his fingers as he identifies sinners, and tries to isolate Gays, non Christians, abortionists, Muslims, and other disciples of the Devil, had no God given backbone to say I lied, or to say I am a liar when it assists my political career, and lying is okay if I do it because I do it for own needs.

I appreciate and respect those who have a relationship with God, who are spiritual, believe in a power greater then themselves. I am a believer in a God. I have met people who are Rabbi's, Sisters, Pastors, Priests and I have heard them proclaim their love for God. I have seen how the love for a God can manifest itself in others. An honest love that is.

Minister Huckabee is a false prophet who uses his relationship with God for profit. He is a fear monger and in the same vein as another speaker for God, Newt Gingrich, he is full of do as I say, but not as I do.

Minister Huckabee you say you have the moral superiority to be elected as president. You go to church, you interpret Gods word and you place yourself on a higher religious plane than most others. You say you know God because you are honest.

But Candidate Huckabee you lied, you knew you lied and you could not even find it in your God given heart to say so and to say I will never do something as Un God like that...again!

I am so tired of the hypocrisy of those who stand on pulpits and demonstrate the audacity of the devil while pretending to quote God. Go away Mike Huckabee far, far away!




No comments :