Saturday, September 19, 2020

Ruth Bader Ginsberg

 “Blessed, praised, honored, exalted,

extolled, glorified, adored, and lauded
be the name of the Holy Blessed One,
beyond all earthly words and songs of blessing, praise, and comfort.
To which we say: Amen”…
/While the Kaddish is always a significant prayer during service, it carries additional significance during times of grief. According to Jewish tradition, each member of the Jewish faith has a certain sense of Godliness. After an individual passes, this radiance or presence becomes slightly diminished. Reciting the Kaddish restores the presence of God within the world, in an homage to the memory of the deceased.

 

Dear Ruth Bader Ginsberg, wife, mother, grandmother, HUMAN, a once and always Justice for law and order, right and wrong, morals and equality,Baruch Dayan Emet (pronounced bah-ROOKH dai-YAN eh-MET)  — Literally meaning “blessed is the judge of truth,” ….I knew you from a distance, but each day you spoke, as you confronted the fragilities of humankind, you persevered, intentionally denying the ignorant the arrogance to pretend superiority, each moment, you melded intellect, with empathy to protect the most vulnerable, every time you energized the heart of hope to deconstruct the determination of the devious and despot…I became enamored, emotional, and felt as if I was a member of a circle of friends, and you, my relative, making relevant the causes, concerns, and circumstances for the common man and woman! Now, all Americans, must, as with all hero’s no longer alive, take on the role, to save the day, must recall and remember your efforts, energy, enthusiasm…and continue to believe there is a chance and no matter the consequence be the force of change!

 

“A long long time ago
I can still remember how
That music used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while

Bye, bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die” (American Pie/Don McLean)