Sunday, November 22, 2020

MY GUT

 This morning, MORE THAN EVER PRIOR, I felt the crushing ooze of a nightmare reality, draped in feigned ignorance, stuffed with the bogusness of mischievous maleficence and magnified malignment press harder than ever on my GUT, which somehow over these past HEIDIOUS AND HEINOUS four years has become the ONE-STOP-SHOP for worry and angst in my body! I actually trembled, as I approached the TV remote, thinking aloud, I must find out what circumstances we must brace for today, MUSN’T I? What devious devices devoid of dignity and of course democratic principles had the clown crusaders of Giuliani and his sidekick Sidney Powell, come up with? How many midnight or 3:00 AM Tweets has the mentally deranged demented dictator, Trump conceived to connive his cultists that Venezuelan Presidential Ghosts or the Democrats are nothing but enemies of the state, all the while, spreading nothing but lies and paranoia as if it was a form of Pepper Spray!

 

And as I slowly clicked the Power Button, an immediate flush of Ground Hog Day torment ran across the TV screen, careening, no crashing throughout the pores of my body and it was as if it mattered NOT, that this day was Sunday, November 22, 2020, because all that I heard was the same smattering and bull shit-based ranting and ruminations of 4 years ago, 4 months ago, 4 days ago, 4 hours ago.  Time did not stand still, because so far humankind cannot control the time-space continuum, but it seemed that common sense had been eradicated, normalcy all but erased, empathy emptied and truth had ended! My skin began to crawl, my head ached, my heart pounded, but as if hypnotized I continued to watch and listen, almost as if it had been a form of torture until I heard my husband Joe, say “Honey, why are you doing this to yourself?” BUT THIS IS MY WORLD, MY COUNTRY, MY LIFE, and the SEEDS FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS, so how could I NOT try to grasp even the most slippery of circumstances and try to hold tight to hope!

 

195,585 new cases of COVID, 256,000 deaths, a total of 12.2 MILLION cases just in the United States. And yet airports have seen huge numbers of travelers, and yet, creatures of the night are baying as if it was a full moon, saying ignore all that we are AMERICANS, we must pamper ourselves and pretend our superiority usurps science or medicine. At least 26 MILLION Americans will lose their extra bit of cash relief due to COVID because the politicians have decided to play politics with the health and welfare of the average American. None of them lose wages, or health assurances all have enough money for rent and food. And oh YEAH, McConnell asked his Senators (THEY EITHER BELONG TO MOSCOW MITCH or DELUSIONAL DONALD) to stay home stay safe. And the votes of 80 million people are being challenged because Trump finally has faced his real REALITY SHOW, of once he leaves the White House, a Jail House is more likely his newest abode!

 

Of course, there are more, more numbers of death, of bigots, of racists, of the ignorant, of the selfish, of the arrogant, of the, me, and only me, of the hypocrites! I usually find some comfort in at least writing in a blog, my feelings, my NEED to ACT-UP, not REMAIN SILENT, but damn, today has worn me out, and it has just begun!