Sunday, November 1, 2020

I am I said

 "I am"... I said

To no one there
And no one heard at all
Not even the chair

"I am"... I cried
"I am"... said I
And I am lost and I can't
Even say why
Leavin' me lonely still” (I Am…I Said/Neil Diamond)

 

Each new day, another reason for angst and worry becomes apparent, and as that new day transitions into the afternoon, the worries of the morning, are just smothered by newer revelations of even more insidious insults, which by the evening hours when the sun has set, are stuffed under another blanket of bull shit and buffoonery, crimes and chaos, selective hypocrisy, and horrific foreshadow of a faithless figurehead, floundering, and failing, but oh so happy to take hostage, any and all of America! I read too many articles from print or the internet, I listen to way too many pundits, Talking Heads, political performers, and my obsession, my compulsive personality enables all of this, THIS I KNOW, but yet my greatest fear is that not understanding all of the possibilities of a future of less freedom/rights/equality and democracy, is even MORE frightful!

 

Trump-appointed judges encouraged by Republican State Legislators, to void valid voter ballots, truckloads of Trump supporters harassing and attempting to injure anyone Biden, self-appointed Trump Brown Shirts, using their weapons of war as both a replacement for their own male genitalia, and as a threat to democratic principles, intimidating and in sighting violence, as police either look the other way or, law enforcement, themselves decide that protests are no longer an American right. Trump and his spawn pretending that the only reason anyone is talking about COVID, is to attack the president, and to consider over 200,000 deaths a talking point for Biden and that doctors love to see people die because they can make a few more bucks, and to STILL have some Governors pretend death, dying, and doom are imaginary, and to have them IGNORE the plight of their own citizenry. To worry that INDEED, civil unrest will follow any results of the election, and wonder, what if this race IS too close to call on Election Eve, what becomes of us, of this nation, of democracy!

 

I am, like millions afraid, scared, unsure, worried, and I like millions have to wonder, how could this kind of history be taking place in MY lifetime, was there more I could have done, is there still things I CAN do. I am, among the millions, OVERWHELMED, and the countdown is LOOMING LARGE"I am"... I cried
"I am"... said I
And I am lost and I can't
Even say why.