Saturday, February 13, 2021

Am I What?

  

ACQUITTAL: At the end of a criminal trial, a finding by a judge or jury that a defendant is not guilty. An acquittal signifies that a prosecutor failed to prove his or her case beyond a reasonable doubt, not that a defendant is innocent.

 

Am I surprised? To be surprised I would FIRST have had to believe that Facts mattered, laws mattered, the Constitution mattered! I would have had to believe WE THE PEOPLE mattered more than THEY THE POLITICIANS.

 

Am I shocked? To be shocked I would first have had to believe that the GOP played fair in anything they ever did, that hypocrisy was not present and inhaled and exhaled by the GOP like oxygen. I would first have had to believe that as patriots they pontificated they were, they would believe by proclaiming Patriotism, that they understood NO MAN or WOMAN IS ABOVE THE LAW!

 

What I am, however, is ANGRY/PISSED/DISTURBED/ and what I want is JUSTICE. I want every state which has reason to believe that Trump is guilty to use ALL of their Resources and bring him to court. I want every voter, who UNDERSTANDS the value of Democracy to vote BLUE. I want every newspaper in the nation to disavow and distance themselves from each and every Republican Congress Person who decided that THEIR CAREER, is more important than the demise of democracy, the death of the Capitol Cops who were murdered in cold blood or the Police who have endured such duress and destruction on January 6 and found suicide the ONLY means of escape. I want the 80 million Americans who voted for Biden-Harris to bring a friend in 2022 and vote against any and all Republicans.

 

Oh, yeah, and just in case ANYONE thinks TRUMP has ANY remorse, here is his statement today: "We have so much work ahead of us, and soon we will emerge with a vision for a bright, radiant, and limitless American future," Trump said in a written statement issued shortly after the Senate impeachment verdict.