Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Aunt Meercy Method

 In the year 2008, I traveled to Miami Gardens, Florida, to begin a six-week task of moving my Aunt Meercy, from a home she had known for over 30 years, back to Pittsburgh (her and my hometown), because she was beginning to become frail, and no family members were in the area, should any emergency take place. (Actually, my Aunt Meercy recounted way too many occasions where she and her other, 80 some year-old neighbor, would ride out hurricanes in their hallway using Sterno plates as an oven, candles as light, and if the transistor was still functioning, she would access her transistor radio for a form of information!) For me, so many emotional moments, but one in particular, which took place every evening as we would watch, Jeopardy, Murder She Wrote, and MacGyver (And in that order…OY!) was the silencing of commercials, by the very nimble fingers of my Aunt’s hand using the remote as if it had been a magic wand. My Aunt, would say to me, “They sell you all the crap, you don’t need, pretending they care, but all they do is to enrich themselves…if I swore I would use the words that pertain to the letters, B.S. And, without a second's hesitation, there was silence, and even more, awe-inspiring, NEVER a seconds delay when one of her “PROGRAMS,” began again!

 

I tried watching the IMPEACHMENT REALITY SHOW, honestly, I DID, but the moment, any one of Trump’s legal team (If I practiced law, I would place a muffled hand over my mouth when asked what was my profession), OR one of his Flying Monkey/Entrail Licking Enablers, started talking, I began shouting profanities, screamed run-on sentences which had words in them like TRAITOR-TREASONIST-ANARCHIST-COWARD-LIAR, and of course INSURRECTIONIST. I grew hoarse, my gut was raging with heartburn, and my head ached, (My blood pressure is good, but I am certain during those moments, a stroke was racing toward my brain) And then it dawned on me, to use the Aunt Meercy Method, and I would add, they are selling crap, I don’t need it, and all they are doing is enriching themselves…HOWEVER, without Aunt Meercy around I also added, you FUCKING ENEMIES OF THE STATE! And thus the remote remained close by, and there was silence!

 

Before I realized the Aunt Meercy Method of watching television, I did fall prey to the PROPAGANDA, perpetuated by the flagrant Fascists, supporting Trump’s adventure into ANARCHY, and heard Little Marco Rubio (who is terrified that Princess Ivanka is going to Primary him in Florida, as well as Leningrad Lindsey (God can only imagine the treasure trove of blackmail Vlad has on him) tell the Dems, (And honestly in doing so, the rest of America who voted for Biden) “TO JUST MOVE-ON,” And I also heard Senator Lee from Utah,(The guy who swears NO LAW is above the rights of citizens to disobey), explain that the INSURRECTION  was like a Mulligan, “…and every golfer makes a mistake and should be able to have a do-over??!! A FUCKING DO OVER, so next time he can actually accomplish a COUP!

 

I heard the Legal Team (Again, come on ATTORNEY’S are you just going to sit there and be embarrassed at the asinine assholes representing your profession) talk in circles, never finishing their sentences, but complying a hundred run-on sentences, which only RAN on. And as I finally used the Aunt Mercy Method, and the remote was turned down to BEYOND SILENT, all I could hear running through my head as the mouths of these Snake Oil Men moved, and that was “I Got Plenty of Nothing, and Nothing Is Plenty For me!” (Plenty Of Noting/Bubose Heyward)