Friday, February 19, 2021

Missing Something?

 AM I MISSING SOMETHING…

…As authorities continue to pursue individuals who participated in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the United States Capitol, a growing number of those charged are employing a new defense: blaming the police for letting them in… And while some accused rioters say they believed law enforcement allowed them to enter, others are saying they believed they were acting under direct orders from then-President Donald Trump, who told his supporters at the rally before the attack that they should "fight like hell" and that he would be joining them on their march to the Capitol. (ABC News)

 

NO, SERIOUSLY, AM I MISSING SOMETHING…

…"I had initially planned to stay through the weekend and to work remotely there, but as I -- as I was heading down there, you know, I started to have second thoughts almost immediately because the crisis here in Texas, you need to be here on the ground." (Ted Cruz)

 

I MEAN IT, SERIOUSLY, WHAT AM I MISSING…

Republican Rick Perry, a former Texas governor, and energy secretary suggested in a recent blog post that Texans should be more than willing to endure blackouts to keep the federal government from regulating the state’s power grid. (Huffington Post)

 

WAIT, I AM NOT MISSING ANYTHING…

What IS missing are decency/common sense/the ability to admit failure, foolishness/defeat, and indignities. What is missing are values/responsibility/maturity/intellect/empathy/a soul/sincerity and truth. What IT IS are a bunch of cowards, insincere, inept, arrogant, and avoiding ANY responsibility when owning up to RESPONSIBILITY might make them more human, instead of remaining a monster!