Sunday, February 7, 2021

My Way

 “Regrets I've had a few

But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each chartered course
Each careful step along the by-way
And more, much more than this
I did it my way…” (‘My Way’/Paul Anka)

 

‘My Way was released in 1975, Trump was 28 years old, and an article in the New York Times stated…Trump was developing a mid-town hotel -- and was lamenting that it would not be ready in time for the upcoming Democratic National Convention. That remodel came under fire eventually from other developers, given the generous tax breaks Trump received for it. It is now 2021, and as if time never passed, as if any lesson had never been forced for HIM to learn as if any consequence had never been laid for HIM to incur, as if honesty/decency/truth/or FUCKING JUSTICE, had never been demanded of him…this anarchist/mob boss/

Russian Asset/INSURRECTIONIST continues to do it HIS way, and NEVER seems to be stopped!

 

“Yes, there were times
I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all
And I stood tall
And did it my way…”(‘My Way’/Paul Anka)

 

The third verse of ‘My Way’ continues the lament of some proud boy (hmmm, in 2021 I suppose I should write Proud Boy) all full of vinegar and sass, assuming whatever he had done mattered not to those around HIM, because when the sun revolves around YOU, fuck the rest of the losers. And, if current events remain the same, and those who use the word Republican as their Political Party affiliation, remain, spineless authoritarian loving cowards, Trump will have done it HIS way, one more time, and THIS TIME, if not stopped COMPLETELY, AND HARDILY, HE will do it his way as we watch the demise of democracy! Think about that...I do and I fear for my freedoms!