Thursday, July 8, 2021

Having No idea

 It was a dark and stormy afternoon. HUH! I like the sound of that…let me continue…It had been a gloomy blustery overloaded with grey skies, bumping into one another, trying to reach the horizon to expel bucket loads of nasty wet weather, KIND of a soggy humid, moody let's watch black and white movies on television afternoon…(As an aside, when I was a mopey adolescent living in Pittsburgh on the rare occasions no one was in the house on a weekend day, I would find a comfy sofa, use one of my grandmother's hand-sewn afghans as a blanket, lie down and watch a movie filmed in black and white, and linger longingly in a land of shapeless colors.) Summer was here (BUT it was not time to dance in the streets as the Martha and the Vandellas song prescribed) and I decided to escape to a place I hoped I would never find myself stuck in, but a place I often wondered about! Confusing, perhaps, but to translate into non-Gerry thinking, I escaped to the place where WHAT IF MOVIES found domicile, and disaster and doomsday were the common denominators. I have always had a creative imagination, and supposed and thought, EXACTLY HOW WOULD I REACT (or better yet…ACT,) if a Zombie Apocalypse…a Football Shaped Meteor…an Attack of Mutant Mushrooms…or An Alien Invasion actually became real! So I watched a marathon of War of the World movies, beginning with the 1953 version (Gene Barry, loved it!) 2005 version (Tom Cruise, hated him but loved the special effects) and the TV series (MEH). I was on Season Two of the TV series, when Joe came home from work, caught me binging, and said…” I thought you saw this and hated it…”

 

Joe then added, “…Honey, You, know how pissed off you get when all the remaining humans begin to act as bad as the BAD MONSTERS, or CREATURES. You know how you make all of this into a confirmation begging the question, who ACTUALLY should we FEAR…” He was correct, and yet each time I watch an END OF THE WORLD movie, I still naïvely hope that this time, HUMANKIND will use their hearts and souls, conscience, and grace to solve the crisis, instead of preferring the adage, KING OF THE HILL!

 

I write this BLOG, because there is an APOCALYPTIC scenario being churned like the poison in a Witch’s Cauldron, and ALL of us are witnessing it, and much to my chagrin, as is USUALLY the case in the RUN FOR YOUR LIFE movies, most of us are either snickering over it, ignoring it, or just looking at it as we might as we are about to hit the deer on the road, and our headlights warn us, but we crash anyway! Trump is a fool, but he is a fool with a BRIGADE of Buffoons, who will follow his foolish ways…AND Trump is swearing that in AUGUST he will be reinstated to the office of President…I know he won’t, you know he won’t…BUT the LEMMINGS who brought US the INSURRECTION on JANUARY 6th HAVE NO IDEA HE WON’T!