Saturday, July 31, 2021

any happy kind of endings

 They were unmoved by the urgings of President Biden to get vaccinated. They’ve spurned calls from the nation’s leading doctors, as well as from sports heroes and movie stars. But one thing is finally grabbing the attention of millions of unvaccinated Americans — the invasion of the hyper-contagious delta variant of the coronavirus…(CNN)

 

As the Beatles claimed, “I read the news today, OH BOY…” And as I read the news (no longer a fan of watching or listening, sadly for me, TOO many added opinions) I sighed and shrugged, spoke out loud, (only our dog Chance was in the house to hear my dissertation, poor honey, as I imagined he has been the solo audience for at least 100 or more DISSERTATIONS from me in the past month) proclaimed, that the virus of CRAZY with added variants of TOO FUCKING STUPID/HOW DID SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY SURVIVE THEIR PARENTS INSANITY, AND THEN BECOME PARENTS/and HALLUCINATING HYPOCRIOCRITES have MADE THE LOONY TOON VIRUS even more deadly than COVID!

 

And then I wondered how the kids of this year might NEVER know any form of normalcy! The seasons no longer are in sets of four/Democracy has morphed in Fascism/Medicine and Science have become a political tool and FACTS are no longer relevant/History is now a TABOO subject to study/Religion no longer concerns itself with morals or values (The Evangelical Christians embrace an adulterer, love them a grifter, a glutton, a greedy goon as an example)/The idea of personal freedoms is more about selfishness, and the definition of a community is exemplified by too bad if you get the virus from/I will take my gun wherever I want to, and the ever-perfect quote of a three or four years old, “…YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME…” And then I stopped and said aloud, (again to our dog Chance) does any of this have a happy ending?