Wednesday, July 28, 2021

silver lining?

 A Republican congressman's Jan. 6 speech Good Ole MAGA man Mo Brooks of Alabama) at a rally ahead of the riot at the U.S. Capitol is not covered by protections for members of Congress and federal employees, the Justice Department said in a court filing Tuesday — drawing a legal line over attempts to stop the certification of the 2020 election results.

 

“Look for the silver lining

Whenever a cloud appears in the blue

Remember somewhere the sun is shining

And so the right thing to do is make it shine for you…” (Look For A Silver Lining/Bud De Sylva)

 

I have reluctantly, but with great passion and purpose, been avoiding televised news (even from my most favorite of outlets-MSNBC, sorry Rachel), JUST because the sound bites are too biting, the intent too intense, and the storyline so much like Groundhog Day, that at times I looked in the mirror and thought I became a young Bill Murray! So, with great trepidation, hesitation, and suspicion, I pick and peck at my computer, hoping to glance at a headline, still fearful it will frighten me, but hopeful, by the time I read the second paragraph, I can find a bit of a SILVER LINING!

 

So, it seems JUST MAYBE…WELL MAYBE, MAYBE, some of the bad guys from the Trump insurrectionists, the GQP Fascists, the MAGA minions, to a slew of TREACHEROUS TRAITORS, laughing all the way to their banks (OFFSHORE BANKS I AM CERTAIN), are being handed some two-fisted justice, and jurisprudence. The word jurisprudence derives from the Latin term juris prudentia, which means "the study, knowledge, or science of law." In the United States jurisprudence commonly means the philosophy of law. ... The third type of jurisprudence seeks to reveal the historical, moral, and cultural basis of a particular legal concept. I am still a skeptic as to how law and order are handled in this nation, as it seems we have too many exceptions to any rule, and way too many rules with too many exceptions. But today, just maybe today I can; “…So always look for the silver lining

and try to find the sunny side of life…” ((Look For A Silver Lining/Bud De Sylva)